Broadway Balances America
is a five-part series featuring Broadway Across America®
on The Balancing Act®
, the award-winning morning show on Lifetime®
Television. The series highlights behind-the-scenes access to the exciting upcoming Broadway shows touring across America. The hosts of The Balancing Act
will join in on the fun- from learning what it’s like to take a show on the road to meeting some of the artists behind this year’s most popular touring musicals. The mission of The Balancing Act is to help today’s modern women achieve success in all areas of their lives by providing entertaining advice from real people, for real people.
Season 4 Segments:
- On the first segment, Broadway Balances America will experience a whole new world as Amber Milt, our host for the series, takes us on the set of Disney’s ALADDIN with actress Isabelle McCalla, who makes her national tour debut as Princess Jasmine. Viewers will learn what it takes to bring this beloved Disney princess to life and how the role has transformed since the original movie. Along the way, we will receive a glimpse at how Isabelle and her cast mates balance their magical moments onstage and off!
- The Balancing Act will have an exclusive look at the rehearsal process of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s LOVE NEVER DIES. Viewers will be given a sneak peek into what it takes to create Broadway’s most anticipated reunion between the Phantom of the Opera and Christine Daaé in this highly-anticipated sequel to The Phantom of the Opera. Follow along with Amber Milt as she meets the cast and creative team and learns how the Phantom’s beloved ingénue has changed since he last saw her.
- The series continues when Amber travels to Miami to meet with actress Christie Prades, as she prepares for her national tour debut in Emilio & Gloria Estefan’s hit musical ON YOUR FEET! The pair will explore the energetic sights and heated sounds of the city that sparked the Estefan’s love story and music careers. Christie will share her experience balancing her national debut with performing the music that bridged Latin sounds into pop culture (and all in her hometown!).
- During the fourth episode, Amber Milt will meet the women who made Broadway history as the first all-female creative team with the hit Broadway musical WAITRESS. Discover how Tony AwardÒ winning director Diane Paulus balanced Broadway’s sweetest story with music by 6-time GrammyÒ nominee Sara Bareilles, book by acclaimed screenwriter Jessie Nelson, and choreography by Lorin Lotarro. Viewers will get a sneak peek of what’s in store for audiences across the country!
- In the final episode, The Balancing Act will celebrate 20 years of razzle dazzle with CHICAGO THE MUSICAL. Viewers will hear how Broadway’s cell block ladies have balanced the strength of their characters with the wit and movement of the show’s timeless style. All of this will culminate with the Broadway debut of Amber Milt, who will share her journey from rehearsal to opening night in this iconic show.